Are you at a loss on what to get the fitness fanatic in your life? Or perhaps your New Year’s goal is to be healthier, starting with a more active lifestyle. Here are some top suggestions to help you check off those last gifts on your list or add a few more to your own list.
- Athleta Equator Tank GAP-owned Athleta has a great line of fitness gear. This tank is both stylish and functional.
- Garmin FR60 Heart Rate Monitor watch – I have this (in lilac, of course) and use it to track my heart rate, calories burned and total workout time. Into trail running? Go for the GPS-enable Forerunner 405.
- Lulelemon fitness wear. Pricey but worth it. Try the Groove Pant, the Scoop Neck Tank, the Power Y tank (for yoga) or the Stay on Course jacket (for running).
- Yogamat Jaipur Yoga pant. Comfortable, flattering, eco-friendly and worth every penny.
- Yoga mat – this one is eco-friendly.
- Sweaty Betty Entry Workout Bag or Under Armour Endure Gym Tote
- iPod Shuffle mp3 player - the Shuffle is great for workouts because it has a clip that can attach to your activewear.
- Zumba for Wii – Nervous to try Zumba at your gym? Try it at home on the Wii to get a great workout and feel comfortable with the moves before taking your first class in public.
- Trailheads Goodbye Girl Ponytail headband – finally, a headband with a hole for ponytails.
- Camelbak Better Water Bottle. BPA-free, environmentally friendly and comes with a carrying hook. Check your local sporting goods chain or Target.
- Stability ball – Stability balls don’t take up a lot of space and can give you a great abdominal and/or core workout. However, size does matter so check for proper dimension for the person who will be using it before buying one. These are also available at your local sporting goods chain.
- Foam roller – to help work out muscle knots. These can also be found at your local sporting goods chain.
- Moisture wicking sock instead of cotton, which absorbs moistures and helps feet stay dry and prevent blisters.
- Magazine subscription – get motivated with a magazine subscription to Women’s Health, Shape, Fitness or Clean Eating.
This post was written by Michelle Fleer. Contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sigma Kappa Sorority’s purpose is to provide women lifelong opportunities and support for social, intellectual and spiritual development by bringing women together to positively impact our communities. Our Sorority values individuality and diversity in our membership. As such, we ask our membership to consider the individual views of the women who post here within an atmosphere of care, respect and tolerance.
Pay Your Per Capita
Sigma Kappa Sorority now has the option for alumnae to pay their per capita fee through the Sigma Kappa website! Click the image above to learn about per capita and how you can contribute to our wonderful organization.
Still have questions about per capita? Click here to read our FAQs
- September 2014 (2)
- August 2014 (7)
- July 2014 (9)
- June 2014 (8)
- May 2014 (9)
- April 2014 (11)
- March 2014 (10)
- February 2014 (11)
- January 2014 (12)
- December 2013 (12)
- November 2013 (11)
- October 2013 (14)
- September 2013 (14)
- August 2013 (14)
- July 2013 (17)
- June 2013 (15)
- May 2013 (15)
- April 2013 (19)
- March 2013 (16)
- February 2013 (15)
- January 2013 (18)
- December 2012 (16)
- November 2012 (20)
- October 2012 (20)
- September 2012 (20)
- August 2012 (20)
- July 2012 (19)
- June 2012 (20)
- May 2012 (22)
- April 2012 (19)
- March 2012 (20)
- February 2012 (18)
- January 2012 (20)
- December 2011 (18)
- November 2011 (16)