Today is July 10, 2012.
In less than 24 hours 780 sisters and guests will descend upon The Woodlands, Texas, for the 85th Sigma Kappa Convention. So many emotions are running through my head – excitement, anxiousness, and pride, just to name a few.
It seemed at one time like this day would never come, but the convention website kept me on track – 89 days; 35 days; 5 days; and now ONE DAY!
I love everything about Convention, so I developed a list of Top 10 Things I Love About Sigma Kappa Convention!
- The meeting of the Grand Chapter – all of the delegates together conducting the business of the Sorority.
- ReconnΣKting with sisters I have met over the years but haven’t seen for a while. Can’t wait to catch up!
- Meeting new sisters from across the world (yes, our European Alumnae Chapter attends!)
- Celebrating with chapters who have achieved excellence during the past biennium.
- Attending workshops presented by talented sisters and outside facilitators who provide us with ways to strengthen our membership and move Sigma Kappa forward.
- Attending Initiation with 700+ sisters, singing the same songs and listening to the same Ritual that has been passed down to us to uphold and treasure. It’s an amazing experience.
- Getting dressed up in a costume for Confirmed Conventionite and having fun with sisters of all ages. The Deans (those who have attended 10 or more Conventions) are hilarious! I’m not sure the collegians know what to think about it!
- Experiencing a new city. This is my 9th Convention and Sigma Kappa has taken me across the country and back again.
- Living in the “Violet Bubble”. Although Sister Angela Guillory, past national president, used this phrase at 2011 COTS, it is so true for Convention, as well – maybe even more so! Eat a lot, sleep a little, and breathe Sigma Kappa for five days. YES!
- Sharing the bond of sisterhood with so many talented and inspiring women.
I LOVE Convention and I can’t wait to welcome my sisters to The Woodlands tomorrow!
How many Conventions have you attended? What do you love about Convention? Tell me in the comments!
This post was written by admin. Contact at email@example.com
Sigma Kappa Sorority’s purpose is to provide women lifelong opportunities and support for social, intellectual and spiritual development by bringing women together to positively impact our communities. Our Sorority values individuality and diversity in our membership. As such, we ask our membership to consider the individual views of the women who post here within an atmosphere of care, respect and tolerance.
Pay Your Per Capita
Sigma Kappa Sorority now has the option for alumnae to pay their per capita fee through the Sigma Kappa website! Click the image above to learn about per capita and how you can contribute to our wonderful organization.
Still have questions about per capita? Click here to read our FAQs
- October 2014 (7)
- September 2014 (5)
- August 2014 (7)
- July 2014 (9)
- June 2014 (8)
- May 2014 (9)
- April 2014 (11)
- March 2014 (10)
- February 2014 (11)
- January 2014 (12)
- December 2013 (12)
- November 2013 (11)
- October 2013 (14)
- September 2013 (14)
- August 2013 (14)
- July 2013 (17)
- June 2013 (15)
- May 2013 (15)
- April 2013 (19)
- March 2013 (16)
- February 2013 (15)
- January 2013 (18)
- December 2012 (16)
- November 2012 (20)
- October 2012 (20)
- September 2012 (20)
- August 2012 (20)
- July 2012 (19)
- June 2012 (20)
- May 2012 (22)
- April 2012 (19)
- March 2012 (20)
- February 2012 (18)
- January 2012 (20)
- December 2011 (18)
- November 2011 (16)